Thursday, July 28, 2005

We don't need no stinkin' IPods!

"List ten songs that you are currently digging...it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to."

Hmm….

Well, Mr. left rev. is a singer/songwriter/guitarist of no small talent. His work tends to run to mellow ballads, somewhat derivative of Cat Stevens, but unique to his perspective and chord preferences. When we were dating, he wrote a song or two for me and recorded them on tape so I could listen to them when I was at the University of ----------, completing my last year of undergrad. As a courting method, it was very effective.

A true artist is married to his or her craft, so in this respect, he is a happy bigamist and I am cheerfully accepting of my potential rival. After all, I still get original songs composed for me that reflect the depth and joys of our fifteen year marriage, and I still get to enjoy the original ones that made me realize that I’d found the right person with whom to share my life.

He’s currently making some compilation CDs, so I’m grooving on some precious old numbers and his latest celebrations of his life and his faith. With that extended introduction, I offer for your perusal my current ten greatest hits:

"Listen to the Quiet"
"Rescue Me"
"Dancing in my Heart"
"Blind Rush"
"On the Mend"
"Beside the Fire" (an adaptation of a J.R.R. Tolkein poem from Fellowship of the Ring)
"Wondrous, Whispering Spirit"
"When Jesus Walked on Water"
"My Song"
"It’s the Truth"

There you have it. And they’re mine...ALL MINE!

Umm…Mr. left rev. just told me not to be so selfish…Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment