Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Wish I Was In New Orleans

Scout has me turning this way. Or, rather, she crystallizes what has been bothering me for sometime, something I miss from parish ministry, from the daily grind and responsibility of being involved with ordinary people in their ordinary lives, and trying to see byond that to the "larger picture."

But scout prime, especially here, in her post from New Orleans about yesterday (Lundi Gras), stirred the beast of my conscience from its hibernation, and it is driving me to reconsider many things, and speak critically of many of them.

But for now, go read scout's post. This is what real writing is. This is what blogs exist for.

Compared to this, we should all be silent, and simply provide links to words like hers, words that give us an idea of what reality really feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment